With expertise that spans litigation, appellate law and public policy, Marc Gravely is a powerful advocate for property owners, boards of directors, community associations and homeowners’ associations in construction defect and insurance coverage disputes. The founder of Gravely PC, he is an innovator of legal strategies to maximize returns in coverage disputes and construction defect litigation involving private- and public-sector projects. Using a contingency-fee model, Mr. Gravely finds business solutions to legal disputes and has secured multimillion-dollar recoveries on behalf of a wide variety of projects, including commercial, mixed-use, multiunit residential, high-rise and taxpayer-funded projects. His clients include a wide range of businesses, as well as public-sector clients, including public hospitals, municipalities, county governments and school districts. He has made appearances at the Supreme Court of Texas 15 times on behalf of individual clients or as amicus counsel for business organizations.
Mr. Gravely is at the forefront of public policy discourse and legislation on issues surrounding America’s infrastructure and related projects. The author of the best-selling 2021 book Reframing America’s Infrastructure – A Ruins to Renaissance Playbook, he uses his deep knowledge of the law, business and public policy to provide a voice to business and industry groups in the shaping of legislation, litigation and public policy.
- Construction Defects: High Rise Condos Avoiding Catastrophic Collapse, Texas Bar CLE.
- Construction Audit and Cost Control Best Practices Roundtable Workshop, Construction Audit and Cost Control Institute.
- The State of Infrastructure: Texas Ports and Trade, YTexas virtual event.
- Reframing America’s Infrastructure – A Ruins to Renaissance Playbook, MENSA Annual Gathering.
- Construction Litigation for Commercial Property Owners: How to Find Value in the Cracks, San Antonio Real Estate Group CLE.
- Construction Litigation/Insurance Recovery for Commercial Property Owners, Dallas Bar Association CLE.
- Insurance Recovery from the Owner’s Perspective: First Party Coverage Litigation, Collin County Bar Association CLE.
- Construction Defects: How to Add Value for Commercial Property Owners, Private Law Firm CLE.
- Discovery of Insurance Company Business Practices, Texas Department of Insurance Enforcement Division.
- Construction Litigation Strategies for Healthcare Facilities, Texas Hospital Association General Counsel Roundtable CLE.
- Recent Legislation Affecting the Government’s Rights: New Procedures and Laws Affecting Construction Defects Claims CLE.
- The Top Eight Pitfalls of Hospital Construction, Private In-House Hospital Legal Department CLE.
- Insurance Recovery: How to Add Value Representing Commercial Property Owners, Private Law Firm CLE.
- Texas School Construction Defects, Private In-House Legal Department CLE.
- Reframing America’s Infrastructure | A Ruins to Renaissance Playbook (Sutton Hart Press – 2022)
- Texas Annotated Insurance Code – Contributing Editor
- Texas Insurance Digest – Contributing Author
- 7 Step Guide to Construction Defect Claims (series) – Author
- Construction Quality Audits – Capturing Value with Post Construction Quality Control – Author
- The Best Lawyers in America for Insurance Law, and Construction Law & Construction – 2023
- “Lawyer of the Year” in U.S. News/The Best Lawyers in America – 2023 (Litigation – Construction)
- Ranked by Chambers and Partners for Insurance in Texas – 2022
- 2021 The American Lawyer Trailblazers South
- 2021 Lawyer of the Year for Insurance Law in San Antonio
- 2020 The National Law Journal Trailblazers: Plaintiffs’ Lawyers
- 2020 Texas Lawyer Texas Trailblazers
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters, 2005-2010, 2013-2022
- State Bar of Texas Board of Directors (through 2021)
- Elected Fellow in the American College of Coverage Counsel, 2021
- Former Special Prosecutor for the Texas State Commission on Judicial Conduct
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District courts for the Northern and Southern districts of Texas
- BS: Bellarmine University – Biology
- MS: University of Texas, San Antonio – Biotechnology
- JD: St. Mary’s University
- LLM: University of Connecticut – Insurance Law
& Infrastructure Author
Books by gravely
7 Step Guide To Making Construction Defect Claims for Schools
Are you facing expensive setbacks due to defective materials, poor
Contact Gravely for a free case evaluation to learn your options. If we take your case, you pay nothing unless we win.
Call us at 214.225.6681 or