Serving Clients Across Texas | North Texas: 214.225.6681 | San Antonio: 210.961.8000

Are you facing expensive setbacks due to defective materials, poor workmanship or flawed designs at your school?
You have the right to recover costs of repair.

Involvement in expensive construction projects can be daunting. You spent a lot of time planning your project, but there is no surefire way to know the job will be done right. Mistakes happen, people get sloppy and contractors often cut corners to increase profits. Negligent architects; overworked contractors; faulty planning; cheap, defective materials; and numerous other factors may play a role when things go wrong.

The good news is, if you have defective construction as a result of negligent general contractors, architects, materials manufacturers, engineers or other construction professionals, you can file a claim to recover for costs of repair or increased maintenance costs.

“Superintendents and school board members have a fiduciary duty to taxpayers to pursue recovery for inflated bills and property damage caused by construction defects. When a general contractor supplies improper equipment that results in increased costs of operation, we seek to recover costs of repair or increased maintenance/energy costs for the district. When a superintendent or board has evidence of poor workmanship, they may be able to recover damages — including overcharges discovered in an audit — from general contractors and other responsible parties.”

What's in the eBook?

  • Common Types of Construction Defects
  • Property Types and Statutes of Limitations
  • 7 Steps to a Successful Construction Defects Claim
  • Costs and Repairs
  • Construction Defects Claims Strategies

A school district's quick and easy reference guide for:

  • Legal rights of Texas property owners and public entities
  • Basics of Texas construction law
  • Steps to pursue a construction dispute claim
  • How to maximize your recovery for costs of repair and other damages

Do You Think
You Have a Claim?

Contact Gravely for a free case evaluation to learn your options. If we take your case, you pay nothing unless we win.

Call us at 214.225.6681  or